Health & Safety Protocol
AIS is committed to making the health and safety of ICIS 2021 in-person attendees a top priority. Please continue to refer to this page for the latest information.
ICIS 2021 Safety Measures
Below provides the current health and safety measure between The Association for Information Systems (AIS) and you, when you register to attend ICIS 2021 in-person, organized by AIS. By registering for ICIS 2021 you are agreeing to comply with these safety measures. Please read this document carefully.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Due to ongoing changes and our continued commitment to minimizing risk for all in-person participants, ICIS 2021 will be a vaccine-mandated conference. All ICIS 2021 registrants attending any meetings/events in-person in Austin, Texas must be vaccinated and will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to arriving in Austin. Information regarding the vaccine validation process will be shared with all registered attendees in the coming weeks.
- Face Masks: A face mask is highly recommended at all ICIS 2021 indoor meetings/events except when eating, drinking, or presenting.
- Quarantining: Should you develop symptoms related to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 while attending the conference, we strongly recommend quarantine and/or self-isolation for the duration of your symptoms or until you test negative. All expenses related to a quarantine and/or self-isolation, which includes but are not limited to hotel room charges, meals, airline change fees, COVID-19 tests, are your responsibility.
Acceptance of Policies and Registration Conditions
The above safety measures apply to all ICIS 2021 in-person meetings and events. When registering, you must acknowledge and accept the Health and Safety Waiver contained herein. Should you not wish to accept the Health and Safety Waiver you should not register. Submission of a registration is regarded as affirmation of your acceptance of the Health and Safety Waiver.
The health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff remain our highest priority. AIS continues to take direction from CDC, federal, state and local health officials. AIS will continue to provide updated guidelines as changes are made available to the attendees before the conference and again upon arrival.
By registering to attend, you acknowledge the personal responsibility for your safety and the safety of others. You will comply with guidelines provided by the CDC, federal, state and local officials as well as AIS and the hotel. You understand that if you choose not to follow the guidelines, you assume responsibility for your choices.
AIS reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the above safety measures at its discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these safety measures should become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These safety measures apply to all ICIS 2021 in-person conference participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, and staff).
Additional Safety Measures for In-Person Conference Attendees
- PPE Kits: Face masks, hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided to all on-site registrants when collecting their credentials.
- Lanyards – color coded: Lanyard color represents your level of comfort of distancing with other attendees whether you are comfortable with handshakes/hugs, fist bumps or simply chatting. More information will be provided closer to the conference.
I hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against AIS and its affiliated partners and sponsors, and the property or site owners of any activity, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (the “released parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the released parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which I, my heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on my behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participation with the activity.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
As a participant or attendee, you recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any AIS event or ICIS 2021 is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing or participating in the Activity, You acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation and/or attendance at the Activity, and You agree that the Released Parties will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the Activity, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (collectively, the “Released Claims”).
By attending and/or participating in the activity, you are deemed to have given a full release of liability to the released parties to the fullest extent permitted by law.